Jun 10, 2023  
2021-2022 Catalog 
2021-2022 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Industrial/Materials Science Engineering, AS-T/MRP Planning Guide

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: All Planning Guides A-Z

Need to print? Click the “print degree planner” icon . Do not use the print icon button .

To use this planning guide, check the Class Schedule.

What is an AS-T MRP?

The AS-T degree requires a minimum of 90 quarter credits in courses numbered 100 or above and a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. Each individual course must have a minimum grade of 1.0. Students granted the degree are normally awarded junior status. The AS-T Major Related Program (MRP) prepares students for entrance into certain majors at those schools. The MRP requires specific courses, and will be shown on your transcript as a different type of degree than the general AS-T.

What do I need to take?

Below are the requirements for the AS-T Track 2 and the Major Related Program (MRP) in Aeronautical, Civil, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics and Composites.

General Education - 18-20 Credits

Courses used in General Education (Gen Ed) Core may not be used for distribution.

Communication (8-10 Credits)

Take ENGL& 101  and either ENGL& 102 , ENGL& 230 , or CMST& 101 .

Multicultural Understanding (5 Credits)

Select one of the following courses:

HUM 105 , CMST 203 , CMST 285 , GWS 284 , HIST 245 , MCS 105 , PSYC 230 , SOC 270 .

Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning (5 Credits)

Distribution Requirements - 10 Credits

See Courses That Meet Transfer Degree Requirements .

Humanities (5 Credits)

Choose one course from the Humanities  course list.

Social Sciences (5 Credits)

Select one course from the Social Sciences  course list. Recommended: ECON& 201 .

Pre-Major Program - 79-84.5 Credits

What does your chosen four-year school require?

Before choosing classes, become familiar with the four-year program where you want to apply: visit the website, email the department, and/or speak with a Shoreline advisor. Below are examples from Washington schools with different admissions and graduation requirements. Check with the school for world language requirements. (Non-native speakers of English are often exempt from this requirement.)

Seattle Pacific University

Degree: B.S. in Engineering with Mechanical Engineering Concentration

Requirement: http://www.spu.edu/depts/ee/

Seattle University

Degrees: B.S. in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering with Environmental Specialty; B.S. in Mechanical Engineering

Requirement: http://tinyurl.com/mswllle

University of Washington - Seattle, Bothell

Degree: B.S. in Aeronautical, Civil, Industrial, Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering

Requirements: (UW-Seattle) https://www.engr.washington.edu/admission/department/prereqs-by-major

(UW-Bothell) https://www.uwb.edu/mechanical/admissions/prerequisites

Washington State University

Degrees: Pullman Campus - B.S. in Civil, Materials Science and Mechanical Eng.; Tri-Cities Campus - B.S.in CE and ME; Vancouver Campus - B.S. in ME; Olympic College and Everett Community College Campuses - B.S. in ME

Requirement: http://tinyurl.com/n3etplc

Western Washington University

Degree: B.S. in Electrical Engineering (EE), Manufacturing Engineering (ME), Plastics and Composites Engineering (PCE).

Requirement: https://cse.wwu.edu/engineering-design/majors

Where can I go for help?

For course information and entry codes, contact:

engineeringadvising@shoreline.edu; chemistryadvising@shoreline.edu; computerscienceadvising@shoreline.edu; mathadvising@shoreline.edu

General Academic Advising

FOSS (5000) Building, Rm. 5229  206-546-4559  advising@shoreline.edu  www.shoreline.edu/advising
Tiffany Meier 206-546-6953 tmeier@shoreline.edu Rm 5233

International Student Academic Advising

9000 Building, Rm. 9302  206-546-4697  ieadvisors@shoreline.edu  www.shoreline.edu/international/advising/

Instructional Faculty Advisors

Alison Armstrong 206-546-4698 aarmstrong3@shoreline.edu Rm 2810
Lauren Sandven 206-546-6795 lsandven@shoreline.edu Rm 2811
Nirmala Savage 206-533-6610 nsavage@shoreline.edu Rm 2819
Rosalie Tepper 206-533-6627 rtepper@shoreline.edu Rm 2204

Where can I transfer?

The AS-T Track 2 MRP Aeronautical, Civil, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics and Composites makes it possible for students to transfer to a number of public and private colleges and universities with junior standing. Below are Washington state institutions that recognize this MRP.

Public Institutions

Central Washington University - Ellensburg (MET)
Eastern Washington University - Cheney (ME, MET)
University of Washington - Seattle (AE, CE, IE, MSE, ME )
University of Washington - Bothell (ME)
Washington State University - Pullman (CE, ME, MSE)
Washington State University -Vancouver (ME)
Washington State University - Tri-Cities (CE, ME)
Washington State University - Everett (ME)
Washington State University - Olympic College (ME)
Western Washington University - Bellingham (ManE, PCE)

Private Institutions

Gonzaga University (CE, ME)
Saint Martin’s University (CE, ME)
Seattle Pacific University (ME)
Seattle University (CE, ME)
Walla Walla University (CE, ME)

* Note: Engineering majors offered at Washington state universities are designated as follows: Aeronautical (AE), Civil (CE), Industrial (IE), Manufacturing (ManE), Industrial Technology (IT), Materials Science (MSE), Mechanical (ME), Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), Plastics and Composites (PCE)

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: All Planning Guides A-Z