Jun 17, 2024  
2021-2022 Catalog 
2021-2022 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Computer and Electrical Engineering, AS-T/MRP Planning Guide

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: STEM - Major Related Programs

Need to print? Click “print degree planner” icon . Do not use the print icon button .

To use this planning guide, check the Class Schedule.

What is an AS-T Track 2 MRP?

The Associate in Science Transfer (AS-T) degree is designed to prepare students entrance into a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. This AS-T degree is a Major Related Program detailing university requirements in the sciences, mathematics, computer science, communications and engineering so students will be ready for junior standing. Students will be required to take additional courses after transfer to fulfill general university requirements. Computer and Electrical Engineering is also an excellent major for graduate studies in Computer Science, Engineering, Law, Business and Education.

What do I need to take?

Below are the requirements for the AS-T Track 2 and the Major Related Program (MRP) in Computer and Electrical Engineering.

General Education - 18-20 Credits

Courses used in General Education (Gen Ed) Core may not be used for distribution.

Communication (8-10 Credits)

Take ENGL& 101  and either ENGL& 102 , ENGL& 230 , or CMST& 101 .

Multicultural Understanding (5 Credits)

Select one of the following courses:

HUM 105 , CMST 203 , CMST 285 , GWS 284 , HIST 245 , MCS 105 PSYC 230 , SOC 270 .

Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning (5 Credits)

Distribution Requirements - 10 Credits

Humanities (5 Credits)

Take one course from the Humanities  course list.

Social Sciences (5 Credits)

Take one course from the Social Sciences  course list. Recommended: ECON& 201 .

Pre-Major Program (75-79.5 Credits)

Where can I go for help?

For course information and entry codes, contact:

mathadvising@shoreline.edu; chemistryadvising@shoreline.educomputerscienceadvising@shoreline.edu; engineeringadvising@shoreline.edu

General Academic Advising

FOSS (5000) Building, Rm. 5229  206-546-4559  advising@shoreline.edu  www.shoreline.edu/advising
Tiffany Meier 206-546-6953 tmeier@shoreline.edu Rm 5233

International Student Academic Advising

9000 Building, Rm. 9302  206-546-4697  ieadvisors@shoreline.edu  www.shoreline.edu/international/advising/

Instructional Faculty Advisors

Alison Armstrong 206-546-4698 aarmstrong3@shoreline.edu Rm 2811
Stephanie Bartlett 206-546-4579 sbartlett@shoreline.edu Rm 5356
Fred Kuczmarski 206-546-6993 fkuczmar@shoreline.edu Rm 5348

Where can I transfer?

The AS-T Track 2 MRP in Computer and Electrical Engineering makes it possible for students to transfer to a number of public and private colleges and universities with junior standing. Below are Washington State institutions that recognize this MRP.

Public Institutions

Central Washington University (CE Tech, EE Tech)
Eastern Washington University-Spokane (CE)
University of Washington-Seattle (CE, EE)
University of Washington-Bothell (CE, EE)
University of Washington-Tacoma (CE)
Washington State University - Pullman (CE, EE)
Washington State University - Everett (EE)
Washington State University-Tri-Cities (EE)
Washington State University-Vancouver (EE)
Western Washington University (EE)

Private Institutions

DigiPen Inst. of Tech (CE)
Gonzaga University (EE, CE)
Pacific Lutheran University (EE, CE)
Seattle Pacific University (EE, CE)
Seattle University (EE, CE)
Walla Walla University (CE)

* Note: Engineering Majors offered at Washington State Universities are designated as follows: Computer Engineering (CE) and Electrical Engineering (EE)

What does your chosen four-year school require?

Before choosing classes, become familiar with the four-year program where you want to apply: visit the website, email the department, and/or speak with a Shoreline advisor. Below are examples from Washington schools with different admissions and graduation requirements. Check with the school for world language requirements. (Non-native speakers of English are often exempt from this requirement.) University engineering programs require specific courses for each major. Not all majors/universities require all courses on this “Major Related Program” planning guide. At many schools, admission to these majors is competitive. Students are encouraged to investigate the schools and departments to which they plan to apply. The “Engineering, General” Planning Guide shows the minimum requirements for the Associate in Science Transfer-Track 2 degree.

University of Washington - Seattle

Degrees: B.S. in Computer Engineering and B.S. in Electrical Engineering

Requirements: http://www.washington.edu/students/gencat/academic/ee.html

University of Washington - Bothell

Degrees: B.S. in Computer Engineering and B.S. in Electrical Engineering

Requirements: https://www.uwb.edu/bscompe/admissions/prerequisites

University of Washington - Tacoma

Degrees: B.S. in Computer Engineering and Systems

Requirements: https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/institute-technology/admission-requirements-bs-computer-engineering-systems

Washington State University

Degrees: B.S. in Computer Engineering and B.S. in Electrical Engineering

Requirements: https://admission.wsu.edu/academics/fos/Public/field.castle?id=7585

Seattle University

Degrees: B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Electrical Engineering w/ specialization in Comp. Eng.

Requirements: https://www.seattleu.edu/scieng/ece/programs-of-study

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: STEM - Major Related Programs