Sep 28, 2021
2020-2021 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Phlebotomy Certificate of Completion Planning Guide
Need to print? Click the “print degree planner” icon . Do not use the print icon button .
To use this planning guide, check the Class Schedule.
Certificate of Completion (13 Credits)
Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this publication. However, the information is subject to change without notice and final career decisions are the responsibility of the student.
Grade of 2.0 or better for each individual course in the program required.
High school education or equivalent; ENGL 099 ; recommend EAP 099 or EAPAB 099 for non-native speakers. Students are required to submit an application. Admission to the Phlebotomy program is required to register for MLT classes.
* MLT 132 Phlebotomy Practicum requires 160 hours in a clinical facility. To participate in the MLT 132 Phlebotomy Practicum , students must:
- Submit WA State Patrol Check (WATCH) form with application. Program acceptance pending no events posted.
- Vaccinations prior to practicum training second quarter:
- Hepatitis B vaccination series: Two vaccinations completed prior to phlebotomy laboratory courses first quarter. Third vaccination completed prior to second quarter practicum training or a positive titer.
- MMR x 2 or positive titer
- Tdap- current within in the last 10 years
- Two step PPD / TB skin tests
- Influenza- current for season
- Varicella x 2 - recommended and may be required by some training facilities or positive titer
- AHA BLS CPR- current certification
- Health Insurance - minimum required is for injury.
- AIDS/HIV Education certificate for 7 contact hours.
- WA state liability insurance included in registration for phlebotomy practicum course.
- Complete phlebotomy courses with a 2.0 grade or better.
- Receive instructor(s) permission and recommendation to proceed to practicum training.
Complete phlebotomy practicum training at an assigned clinical laboratory facility and meet additional facility requirements as required prior to practicum training..
Optional courses that may be taken to enhance knowledge and skills include:
Students should automatically receive their Certificate after successful completion of all required courses. If you have not received your Certificate, please contact Jenifer Aydelotte in the office of Student Learning at email@example.com or 206-546-4719.
Length of Program: 13 Credits
Completion Award: Certificate of Completion
Enrollment: Fall or Spring
Approximate Quarterly Costs: $200
(in addition to tuition, books and parking)