Aug 04, 2021
Need to print? Click the “print degree planner” icon . Do not use the print icon button .
To use this planning guide, check the Class Schedule.
The Visual Communications Foundation w/Specialization Certificate of Proficiency is designed to provide an introductory level of knowledge and practice in visual design principles; graphic and typographic design; photography and video; computer graphic technologies; and offset printing, pre-press and new imaging technologies. Shoreline Community College works closely with local advisory committees comprised of industry professionals to ensure students receive the knowledge and skills currently in demand by employers in the field. Students interested in pursuing a four-year baccalaureate degree in Art should follow the Foundation Studio Art, AFA Planning Guide or Photography, AFA Planning Guide transfer degree planning guide.
Certificate of Proficiency (54-59 Credits)
Note: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this publication. However, the information is subject to change without notice and final career decisions are the responsibility of the student.
GPA of 2.0 or better for the entire program required.
- Check for prerequisites for all of the upper level classes, and plan ahead!
- Substitutions and waivers can be made with faculty approval
- Choose a mix of different types of classes for each quarter. For example: lecture, computer/software, studio, general education classes
- In addition to this 1-year certificate, students may earn a Certificate(s) in a specialized area. Students may also add classes to complete a two-year degree. Call 546-4671 for advising and information
- Plan 1 General Education and up to 8 cr Specialization/quarter
General Education Core Requirements (12-15 Credits)
Quantitative/Symbolic Reasoning (5 Credits)
Core Requirements (29 Credits)
Electives (13-15 Credits)
13-15 Credits From Classes Listed Below
Choose according to your career goal. You may stay within one category, or choose freely from several.
Game Art and Design Intro
Approval To Graduate
Student Name, SID and Date: ____________________________________________________
Faculty Advisor and Date: _______________________________________________________
Division Dean and Date: ________________________________________________________
Credential Approval and Date: ____________________________________________________